Democratization, Decentralization & Local Development
Title: Project Manager
Form of Employment: Full-time
Starting Date: March 2019
Duration: December 2019 (renewable, subject to funding)
Deadline: 07 February 2019, 12:00 PM local time
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. DRI promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
In the framework of its Lebanon projects “Setting an Agenda for Decentralisation in Lebanon – Phase II”, DRI is working with Lebanese civil society organisations and public officials to promote local governance in line with good governance principles. More specifically, our project aims to reinforce effective cooperation between national and local governments and create platforms for coordination and exchange between citizens and local and national authorities.
DRI works closely with a consortium of Lebanese civil society organisations – Al-Idara bi-Mahalla – and cooperates with academics, think tanks and decentralisation practitioners. In 2019, DRI will use the findings of their comprehensive assessment of governance effectiveness in three key public service delivery sectors to engage national and local government representatives and work with civil society partners to advocate for reform.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Project Manager for its country office in Lebanon to support and coordinate project outputs and communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
DRI Lebanon’s Project Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all project activities, publications, and other project outputs of DRI Lebanon’s projects in close cooperation with the Country Representative and Finance and Administration Manager (FAM). The Project Manager also provides input into DRI’s programmatic engagement in Lebanon, strategic project design and supports the Country Representative in the overall management of DRI Lebanon’s portfolio of work on decentralisation, governance and policy reform, elections and other areas of democracy support.
Under the supervision of DRI’s Country Representative and in close coordination with the other team members:
- Co-design and lead on the implementation of project activities, such as events, workshops, trainings, and publications;
- Monitor and report on the implementation of project activities, and update the project workplan accordingly;
- Monitor and report on political, social and legal developments relevant to the projects;
- Coordinate engagement and project delivery with DRI partners, consortium members and relevant stakeholders;
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) frameworks and tools, collect and analyse relevant data and compile MEL reports in accordance with DRI MEL guidelines;
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in the implementation of all project activities and project monitoring;
- Support the Country Representative on programme development as well as the design and implementation of project frameworks and grant/proposal writing;
- Co-develop, co-draft and review DRI publications, including liaising with external experts;
- Support the Country Representative in outreach activities involving key stakeholders such as civil society partners, public officials, academia and media actors;
- Support the Programme Associate Communications in the development and implementation of outreach and advocacy activities.
Your Qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Law, Political Science, Social Science, International Development, Public Administration, Management or other relevant fields;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in Project Cycle Management in Lebanon;
- Experience working in research institutions, think tanks, NGOs or international organisations;
- Relevant experience in the areas of decentralisation, governance and policy reform (notably waste management and government integrity), elections and other areas of democracy support
- Strong research, writing and reporting skills (samples may be required), communications experience desirable;
- IT skills, particularly in Word and Excel;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team;
- Full command of written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Ability to work effectively in a small team and navigate through tight deadlines.
DRI values diversity and aims to be an equal opportunities employer. Moreover, DRI offers you flexible working hours, training opportunities and working as part of an international and multicultural team.
If you are interested in this position, please send your application (cover letter, CV and writing samples) to email@example.com. Please include “Project Manager Lebanon” in the subject line and refer to the source you have found this opportunity. Applying for this position by post mail is possible, please find our address details below.https://twitter.com/DemocracyR
Closing date for applications is 07 February 2019, 12:00 PM local time. The position may be filled before the end of the deadline so early applications are encouraged.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Organisation responsible for this vacancy:
Democracy Reporting International gGmbH
10969 Berlin, Germany
Tel +49 30 27877300
Fax +49 30 27877300-10