Location: LG in Mafa & Kaga, BO, NG
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 29th April, 2020
The project officer is responsible for running and supervising safe drinking water and hygiene promotion project at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the project objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The position holder will ensure the overall success of the program by making sure the safe water drinking and hygiene team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
Further objectives for the project officer concern the capacity building and mentoring of Adhoc project staff; humanitarian needs identification through monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs; and internal coordination to reinforce plan international’s integrated approach. Depending on the size and organizational structure of the mission, the project officer reports to project Coordinator.
Dimension of Role:
To contribute to project principal objective of improving health and wellbeing of beneficiary community through improving access to safe drinking water and hygiene promotion, and impacting good behaviour change in hygiene practices in Kaga and Mafa LGAs, Borno state. To supervise Water purification chemical and hygiene kits distribute and help facilitate in formation and training of project Adhoc staff and community base volunteer with a view of improving accessibility to safe drinking water, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
- Oversee and manage the safe Water drinking and Hygiene promotion Project as per donor guidelines and Plan International Guideline/policy
- Develop project work plan, procurement plan, spending plan, and others related activities plan as per project and organization standards.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on Water, sanitation and Hygiene promotion activities under the project.
- Identify, register the beneficiaries for water purification chemical and hygiene kits distribution in the selected community in Kaga and Mafa LGAs in Borno state.
- Distribute water treatment chemical and hygiene kit to the beneficiaries
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and make follow with your supervisor those not delivered as per requisition.
- Under take training of community hygiene promoters and community volunteers.
- Liaise with beneficiary, community and local authorities in the selection of beneficiaries as per requirement of the project design.
- Represent the organization and actively participate in LGA WASH Cluster meetings, Planning and coordination meetings.
- Prepare project documentation including monthly project reports on implementation, intermediate and final narrative reports as per donor requirements and sending them to project coordinator/specialist and other relevant team members for review/further action within set deadlines.
- Ensure smooth and quality implementation of hygiene promotion activities e.g community mobilization and sensitization, hand washing facilities and hygiene kits distribution.
- Support the identification, training and mobilisation of community based structures such as Water user groups/Water Management Committees and enable them to effectively undertake confidently community engagement processes, hygiene promotion outreach and mobilisation activities in IDPs settlements and host communities.
- Recruit, train, and manage health workers and community based incentive workers.
- Ensure that all planning processes and bill of quantities are in line with budget
- Coordinate with health and Nutrition Implementing Partners and collect regular epidemiological data that help to take appropriate action.
- Liaison with plan International Grants division in tracking project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries related to expenditure in timely manager.
- Contribute to monthly reports for WASH cluster attention.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor is Degree, preferably in a discipline such as public health, nursing, environmental health, health education and promotion, or any other discipline relevant to development.
- Previous experience in a related position for at least 2 years, including managing WASH , health and nutrition project.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa and other local language
- Commitment to and understanding of PLAN’S aims, values and principles.
- Applicants from Borno State are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in working “safe drinking water and hygiene promotion” projects is preferable.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter career5.successfactors.eu.