EnCompass LLC seeks a (Senior) Gender, Adolescent and Youth Specialist candidate for an anticipated upcoming five-year, USAID/Uganda Multi-Sectoral Nutrition, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Activity. The USAID/Uganda NMCH activity will facilitate government-led leadership and enhance government sustainable multi-sectoral coordination efforts while applying a holistic approach to collaborating learning to accelerate gains in nutrition, maternal, newborn and child health outcomes in the country.
The position is contingent upon award and will be a full-time staff position based in Kampala, Uganda.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and support in the integration of gender, adolescent and youth concerns across the NMCH activity.
- Lead gender analyses, engaging donor and government stakeholders
- Lead the development of a gender strategy for the activity and support its implementation
- Design and facilitate trainings related to gender equality, female empowerment, and gender-based violence for project staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- Provide gender integration guidance and support to project technical teams and activities such as regulatory and market data analyses, and review/development of quality assurance standards.
- Support project stakeholders to identify/develop operational and technical strategies for gender and inclusion.
- Conduct both desk- and field-based research, data collection, and analysis.
- Master’s Degree and minimum of 4 years of experience or PhD and minimum of 2 years of experience in public health, social sciences, or a related field
- Demonstrated technical expertise/experience in gender analysis, gender integration, and gender-based violence. Experience in programming for adolescent and youth will be an asset.
Experience and Skills
- Technical experience in health and understanding of local health system, policies, and services in Uganda, strongly preferred.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis.
- Significant experience in designing and facilitating interactive meetings and workshops preferred.
- Experience collaborating with government ministries and officials, NGOs and donors, evaluators, and community-based institutions, preferably in Uganda.
- Familiarity with USAID gender equality-related policies and gender integration requirements.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Proven track record of successful teamwork, good presentation/facilitation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong planning, organization and strategic thinking skills
- Must have citizenship or permanent residency in Uganda
- Fluency in English
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter to https://encompassworld.com/work-with-us.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.