Site ICAP - Columbia University
I. Post Information
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
Supervisor Title: Procurement /Logistics Officer
Organizational Unit: Administration/Finance
Job Level: BG-5
II. Organizational Context and Purpose for the job
ICAP at Columbia University’s Targeted Programmatic Support Across Countries under the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Under PEFAR (hereinafter, PSA), will provide technical assistance (TA) and capacity-building support, in collaboration with key stakeholders and local partners, to improve HIV services in 74 health facilities located in three regions of Cameroon: Adamaoua, Nord, and Extreme Nord. The overall goal of the project is to build targeted health facilities’ capacity to develop, support and sustain progress towards achieving United Nations’ 95-95-95 targets.
Purpose for the job: Reporting to the Procurement/Logistics Officer, the Logistic Assistant will support the Procurement/Logistics Officer in managing logistics at all level (Yaounde and regional offices). The Logistic Assistant will also provide general administrative support to the Administration and Finance team.
III. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Administration and Finance Team, including but not limited to:
- Manage and maintain files, records, and correspondence for Administration and Finance team and meetings, especially from Procurement/Logistics Unit;
- Cary out inventory of office equipment and supplies and maintain office equipment, under the supervision of the Procurement/Logistics Officer;
- Assist with travel arrangements for office staff and managers and foreign visitors;
- Coordinate maintenance issues for general repair and updates.
- Be responsible for coordinating activities and materials to support the team in the Yaoundé office and regions, including but not limited to:
- Vehicle management: working with team to arrange/review weekly car deployment schedules, track vehicle mileage, and manage fuel levels;
- Supplies management: track the production, shipment, and distribution of registers, SOPs, job aids, medical records and any other materials for all the sites in the 3 regions;
- Training/meeting planning and execution: reserve halls, procure materials, notify and invite participants;
- Procedure a monthly report to Procurement/Logistics Officer about logistics.
- Ensure all actions are conducted in accordance with CDC, ICAP Columbia University policies
- Perform other related duties, as directed.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of professional degree or bachelor’s degree in Logistics, management, project management, or related studies is required
- 2-3 years demonstrated experience in administrative/logistics support
- Knowledge of and experience in management of office operations, fleet management, and coordination and execution of program activities,
- Experience working with international and/or non-governmental organizations
- Strong analytical, communication, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated skill in complex, results-driven problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft suite of tools
- Written and spoken English fluency, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of French language desirable
IV. Impact of Results
The Logistic Assistant’ impact is founded on the provision of input into the design and development of improved services, systems and delivery processes. The impact directly affects the quality and timeliness of the delivery of a range of different specialized services for which the unit is accountable. Working with a high degree of operational independence, Associates are accountable for the achievement of overall service delivery results to clients.
Their client interface focuses on handling of specialized and complex supply chain processes and delivery of services with clients. They liaise with concerned clients and with suppliers to solve issues on purchase orders, contracts, delivery and payments. These relationships are important to ensure that service standards and deadlines are met and that proposals and actions adhere to policies and rules. The Associates’ work relationships require skills to promote understanding and acceptance of regulations, rules and procedures and/or otherwise improve client services.
External contacts involve liaising with similar organizations for collaboration, research and data/information gathering to compile and assess best practices. Furthermore, extensive external contact with suppliers is required, including to negotiate or clarify unique, complex issues or processes. Collaboration with partners and Governments is also applicable.
V. Competencies and level of proficiency required
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning & Researching
- Planning and organizing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Thorough knowledge of a range of specialized topics, including the relevant supply chain policies, partnership mechanisms, rules and regulations.
- High level of proficiency or skill is required in the interpretation and application of specialized rules and regulations to the particular circumstances of complex individual cases.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other ICAP office tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant supply chain processes and ability to consistently apply relevant policies, procedures and good practices in the daily work. Good judgement in order to handle complex cases including considerations for exceptions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to use supply related modules within ICAP ERP system.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan his/her own work and plan, coordinate and monitor the work of those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for supply related decisions on key issues.
VII. Recruitment Qualifications
Minimum of professional degree or bachelor’s degree in
management, project management, or related studies is required
2-3 years demonstrated experience in administrative/logistics support
Strong knowledge of French language desirable
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com.