Regional HR Coordinator – West Africa
Site International Rescue Committee
Descriptif du poste
The West Africa Regional HR Coordinator will join a global team and nine (9) country based HR practitioners whose mission is to ensure a strong HR foundation in support of high quality programs for IRC’s beneficiaries. Under the supervision of the Regional Human Resource Director and in close collaboration with country program HR and Country Leads, the WA Regional HR Coordinator will: (1) Coordinate HR activities across different countries cultivating a “one IRC team” approach that leverages HR economies of scale and benefits from shared learnings; (2) Provide top-tier HR client service and support as the front-line HR focal point for regional staff and country HR leads; (3) Support regional HR projects in line with country program strategies, consulting and collaborating with country program and Headquarters stakeholders in the areas of policy and program development, learning and development, capacity-building, compensation, performance management, recruitment and staff care.
Additionally, this individual as a member of the IRC Global Human Resources team will share responsibility and accountability for the delivery of global initiatives.
The Regional HR Coordinator will provide surge HR support when needed and may occasionally serve as Acting HR Lead in a country program.
WA HR Coordination
- Provide project management, HR analysis and generalist HR support for a diverse region including organizational design input, policy design and team integration activities
- Devise HR interventions with a Gender and Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion (DEI) lens to address critical HR issues in areas including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, training and development, employee relations, and staff care
- Instill a “one IRC team” approach across different countries / borders to ensure HR learnings and best practices are shared on a consistent and regular basis through regular meetings and trainings
- Consolidate and provide analysis and recommendations on monthly and quarterly Strategic HR Metrics in collaboration with the HR Shared Services Comp & Ben and Analytics Manager
- Collaboratively design learning and development strategies, programs and tactical projects to address specific needs derived from evidence-based assessments
- Foster remote working and management excellence through modeling of and training on best and innovative practices
- Travel to country programs to provide in-person HR leadership, support and/or technical trainings as needed
Regional/International HR Generalist Support
- ·Serve as the “front-line” HR generalist to provide technical HR advice in response to regional staff policy inquiries, requests, basic employee relations issues and exit management
- Provide HR orientation for new regional employees (Coordinators and below), including IRC Way, Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Trainings
- Lead or support employee relations investigations as assigned
- Support the in-country HR teams in the design and delivery of effective orientation plans to all new incoming International Staff
- Design quarterly regional learning and development plans
- Create, manage and update regional team organization charts, reports and files
HR Project and Program Management
- Under the guidance of Regional HR Director, liaise with global focal points in Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Gender Equality, Duty of Care, Employee Relations etc. to devise and deliver initiatives in line with IRC’s Strategy100
- When needed, actively participate in the planning, delivery and implementation of global HR initiatives and other pilot programs across the region
- Provide day to day support to HR Leads and practitioners with tools, templates, resources and information
- Co-coordinate and advance best practices for annual and mid-year performance management across the region
- Coordinate IRC’s Talent Management initiatives and programs, utilizing metrics for continuous improvement
- Participate in employee engagement action planning and interventions with the aim of improving morale, team cohesion, learning and development and other prioritized areas
- Review, analyze and approve country program international job position requests including compensation and organizational review; Provide recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
- Provide ad-hoc surge HR support during emergency and new grant implementation phases when it comes to areas such as recruitment, orientation, etc.
- Review and co-design regional and country program HR policies
- Contribute to design and facilitation of regional HR Conferences and Capacity-Building workshops
- Attend to other requests and projects as assigned by the Regional HR Director
- Proven acumen as an HR generalist with at least 5 years of experience in the areas of training and development, HR operations, compensation, policies and procedures, employee relations, organizational design and workforce planning
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Successful implementation of HR activities at a global or regional level working with multiple stakeholders, across cultures and at a range of organizational levels, and/or comparable HR experience in medium to large country programs ($10 – $50M+, 200+ employees)
- Demonstrated success as an HR professional in emergency response, conflict zones and/or humanitarian aid sector strongly preferred.
- Strong track-record of training and capacity-building including provision of one-on-one coaching, designing and delivering training programs, measuring efficacy and implementing systematic improvements
- Observance of a professional HR philosophy focused on creating solutions to tough problems and balancing necessary compliance/policy enforcement with a steadfast commitment to client service and support
- Comfortable delivering on strategic HR initiatives, tactical assignments, HR administration and project management – moving seamlessly from one to another on a daily basis
- Must possess a highly collaborative, inclusive, consultative and resourceful work style
- Ability to work within a highly matrixed and complex agency organizational structure and to adapt to shifting priorities
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including creation of detailed work plans and superior time management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, HRIS
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the region
- Outstanding interpersonal, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills in English and French
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Work Environment: The role will require regular travel within the Region as necessary.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter rescue.csod.com.